- Region: Lombardia
- Typology: Chiaretto di Moniga DOC
- Grapes: Groppello Gentile 60%, Sangiovese 15%, Barbera 20%, Marzemino 5%
- Aging: 1 year in the bottle.
- Organoleptic characteristics: Light cherry color. Delicate, floral bouquet with a hint of citrus. Fresh and ample with a saline vein and nuances of bitter almond.
- Pairings: It goes well with pizza and appetizers, cured meats, soups, risottos, white meats, fish and incomparable with shellfish. To drink young in the early years. Serve it at 12 ° C.
The Materossi family, owner and founder of the Monte Cicogna Agricultural Company, in Moniga del Garda on the Brescia side of Lake Garda, began the wine business with its founder Pietro Materossi as far back as 1908.
Today, after more than a century of history, the fourth generation collects the legacy of their father Piero with the same philosophy and commitment as in the past. Alessandro follows the heart of the company in the vineyards and in the wine-making cellar while Cesare takes care of the administrative and commercial part in the sign of business continuity. The teachings, the passion and the secrets passed from father to son are kept and carry the company into the 21st century with the same excellence of the past.